Wednesday, June 08, 2011

My 18 year-old Self Is Groaning

Yet again, our official Summer Fun List:


I'll save you 3 months of suspense and wondering (will they! won't they?) on one item:

Not happening.

We're spending an obscene amount of time caring for birds that will break our hearts in a few weeks and there are endlessly multiplying toads under the tramp. So, NO.


Do you know what I just noticed?

There's a BIRD in the logo of my very own blog.

How about that?!

A blog lies dormant for nearly a year, is recently resurrected with shady writing and no storyline whatsoever, but the masthead already coordinates with 40% of the blog topics.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

It appears that blind squirrel is me.

Ok, so let's get this out of the way:


Another little birdling hatched and she's resting her tired little beak on that last little egg.

{If you object to my overuse of the word "little," you are cold and heartless. Peanut M&M's, people. Peanut M&M's.}


We couldn't leave our post--there was just too much action.

And by post, I mean fancy ladder + iPhone.

That cord wandering through the photo belongs to the spotlight used to highlight our Christmas wreath. Seeing as we're almost halfway back 'round the horn to December, it's staying.

Bird-watching continued later this afternoon.

Any conflict about nest disruption coupled with internal angst in wanting to check on the babes was absolved when the FedEx guy rang the doorbell and the parents flew away.


Furry volume and body had dramatic increases since morning without the aid of any BedHead products.

And did you catch those leetle holes in Mr. Last to the Party?

I've officially spent as much time analyzing pictures of baby birds as I have of my own kids.

But this is pretty amazing.


Yes, I am videoing birds.




2 comments:

Brenda said...

Still loving the bird updates!

I am so happy to see Rice Pool and Monkey Joes on the Summer Fun list!! Yay!

What is D.E.A.R Time?

Was curious about "grill lots of new burgers"? Lots of different recipes? or do you sometimes grill old burgers?

Amy said...

okay...the video is blog genius. in all seriousness, i think you should consider joining the audubon society. :)