Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Par-tay Part II: El Photo Booth

Oh boy. I'm panicking right now.

Just logged on to blogger and it all looks different. The old version beat me down on a good day and now the new version is all crazy and mixed up. Or maybe that's just me.

I'm now going to attempt to upload pictures, so hold your breath and hope that I return. 


STILL HERE! 

If you have an internet connection, you've probably noticed that photo booths are everywhere. Weddings, parties, boring afternoons.

Not wanting to miss out on a trend {or even the possibility of one}, I thought a bunch of 7, 8, and 9 year-olds would love nothing better than grabbing a bunch of props and hamming it up for the camera.

I was right:)






Jackson isn't so awesome at wacky. He's best at serious and endearing. But this was a nice try.

The best part about a photo booth is that it takes approximately two seconds to set up if you have an especially junky basement {check} to gather up all the props.

It's like we've been specially storing our costume rejects for the very moment when we knew we'd need both a Darth Vader mask AND an inner tube! Luckily for us, they were both in reach.

Right next to the Darth Vader mask, mini top-hat, and leis. It's not disorganized, it's "party ready."  

This is where I should mention that the other key to great party pics and a fabulous photo booth is a wonderful friend who uses an actual camera instead of an iPhone.

And I'm blessed to have someone who has a super-fancy camera, KNOWS how to use it, and is amazingly generous with her time. {THANK YOU!!! big hugs!!}

Which is how she was able to shoot our Christmas card picture for this year:  


HO HO HO!!!

0 comments: